Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Today, I am 5!


This is the card Mummy made me for my birthday! It was the first thing I opened this morning, before anything else! And I said" wow, queen!!" - I think it's really nice. Do you like it?

Today it is my birthday.
This is what happened on my birthday:

We all went downstairs at 7:15 and Mummy had 2 big bags with presents in them.
First I opened my "Cars" card. Then my presents from Mummy, Daddy, Samuel and Ben. There was big long one with a big long thing rolled up inside; Daddy opened it and it was a road playmat:

I really like it. When I opened it I wondered what I was supposed to do with it. But then I opened my next present which was 2 little rucksacks, one to take to school with me (I'll tell you about my school next time, it's really good); and another one that felt heavier. Mummy opened it for me and there were loads of new little toy cars in it!! Ben was a bit cross that none of them were for him so I gave him one of them, a red LandRover one. That made him a bit happier :o) And I quickly got the idea that the playmat was for me to run my new toy cars on. There's even a car park on it!!

There were 2 other presents, one from my Uncle David, Auntie Lindsay, cousins Ellie, Jack and Fleur (it was Rory the racing car and it makes noises and stuff!) - and the other from my Grandma and Grandpa in Devon (that was a farm animal domino game, that I can play with Mummy and Daddy and Samuel).

I opened a few more cards as well, then we had our normal breakfast, and then... Mummy came out from the dining room with a cake covered in candles!!! I couldn't believe it, and was very excited, and said: "cake!!" And I tried really really hard to blow all of the candles out, but Samuel had to help me a bit, and I also had to be careful not to spit on the cake or get my mouth burned...

Samuel, Ben and me, we each had a yummy piece of yummy chocolate cake for 'pudding'. Daddy said he "couldn't face chocolate cake so early in the morning". I didn't quite understand what that meant, because as far as I'm concerned there's nothing better than chocolate cake for breakfast.

We all managed to get ready for school at last. Mummy was trying really hard not to shout, I think it was a special birthday treat for me... And we drove Samuel down to his school. Then to the opticians to have my new glasses fitted (you see, I even got a present from the NHS...). Then Mummy drove me to my school in Basingstoke. I normally go on the bus, but this was a special day, so I got taken there and Mummy walked into my classroom with me! She had made some chocolate cupcakes for me to share with my classmates, so that was nice and the teachers looked really excited.

The rest of the day carried on pretty much as normal, although we had a little birthday party in my classroom, and we ate the cupcakes, and I blew out some more candles.
After I got home, my friend Clair came over to bring me my present (Another cool little rucksack, and some more cars, which I was very pleased about!!). There were a couple more small presents to open, and after that I'd had enough of the whole thing and got a bit stroppy and didn't eat much of my tea.

It was difficult to get off to sleep tonight, but what a fun, fun day I have had!! I love happy birthdays!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey tom I am sooo glad U had a good birthday and likes your presents :) orthough I still cant believe U r 5 now all growen up!
I love u very much as u no
love Clair xx